|Prois Reversible Sherpa Fleece Vest and Blaze Orange Cap|
A head-to-toe pheasant hunting gear list for the ladies! All of the gear listed here are my personal favorites for pheasant hunting and would be a good option for most upland hunts.
1) Blaze Orange Hat
- I prefer to wear a blaze orange ball cap but it's a good idea to bring along a blaze beanie as well, depending on the wind and the temperature!
- This Blaze Orange Cap with Waxed Bill from Prois is a great option, available at www.ProisHunting.com for $26.99
Prois Blaze Orange Hat with Waxed Bill
- The Prois Reversible Sherpa Fleece Vest is one of my hunting staples because I can use it year round and for multiple hunts. One side is blaze orange fleece, perfect for rifle season or upland hunting. The other side is camoflauge, making it great for hunting, deer, elk and other game. It also has scapular pockets designed to hold activated hand warmers! It is available at www.EvoOutdoors.com for $170.10
Prois Reversible Sherpa Fleece Vest
- Another great vest option is the Badlands Upland Vest Pack. It's lightweight, has multiple pockets, perfect for holding shotgun shells and other loose items. It's available at www.ProisHunting.com for $179.99
Badlands Upland Vest Pack
3) Long Sleeve Shirt
- If the weather is warmer I recommend a lightweight top that wicks moisture. My favorite is the Prois Ultra Long Sleeve Shirt, available at www.EvoOutdoors.com for $50.40. You can pick from Realtree AP, Realtree Max-1 or Black.
Prois Ultra Long Sleeve Shirt
- If the weather turns cool, keep the above top on as a layering piece & add a jacket. Last season on the cooler/windier days I paired the above top with the Prois Pro-Edition Jacket and that was perfect. You can find the Prois Pro-Edition Jacket at www.EvoOutdoors.com for $215.10
Prois Pro-Edition Jacket
5) Brush Pants
- The Prois High Plains Brush Pants are a comfortable, yet durable option for the female upland hunter! They have Cordura facings, pleated knees, boot zippers, multiple pockets, and the waist rests at the natural waistline. These are available in Khaki at www.EvoOutdoors.com, or at www.ProisHunting.com in Olive, $161.10 to $179.99
Prois High Plains Brush Pants
- I found on my first pheasant hunt that despite warmer temperatures, the wind can still cut like a knife! For days like this fleece gloves are perfect. The Women's Ranger Glove by Manzella are fleece with a 4-way stretch fabric for a great fit. You can find these in size S/M or M/L for $22 at www.EvoOutdoors.com
Women's Ranger Glove by Manzella
- A good pair of moisture-wicking socks are imperative for a long, active hunt like pheasant hunting. Whether it's warm or cold you want your feet to stay dry! The Day Hiker Sock by Minus33 is made of merino wool which is known for keeping your feet dry and comfortable in any weather condition. You can get these from www.EvoOutdoors.com for only $13.00
- A good pair of waterproof boots are a must for pheasant hunting. My personal favorite for pheasant hunting in the flat, Kansas plains are these SHE Outdoor Avilla 16" Waterproof Rubber Boots. They are fully lined with 5mm Neoprene and are easy to pull on & off. I like that they are taller, making it a good option for hunting in deep snow. I walked the pheasant fields for miles at a time & had no problem with them rubbing my feet or creating blisters. They are available at www.BassPro.com for $99.99
|SHE Outdoor Avilla Boot|
9) Shotgun Case
- You definitely need a shotgun case to protect your shotgun while transporting it from your home to the field. The Tenzing TZ SS54 Shotgun Case has a soft water-resistant outer shell and a fully surrounding 1" foam interior padding. You can find this at www.EvoOutdoors.com for $99, BUT through October 31 use coupon code: packout14 to receive 15% off of this case and any other pack!
|Tenzing TZ SS54 Shotgun Case|
- Don't forget about your pet! If you hunt with dogs keep them protected from the elements in the Pointer Dog Vest by Rivers West. Its made with micro fleece, is very insulating and waterproof. One great feature is the top zipper has an inside fleece fly to keep the dog's hair from getting caught in the zipper! It is $49.00 at www.EvoOutdoors.com.
I hope you find this gear list helpful when planning your next upland hunt!