Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Andrea's Pheasant Roast Recipe



One thing I love about hunting is knowing where my food comes from. I love creating recipes for my wild game & this is a great one that I have to share with you! We brought home a few pheasants from my first pheasant hunt this year. I have never had pheasant before this, but had heard that a lot of people don't like it, as it tends to get too dry. This recipe works great to keep the meat moist & tender and has a great flavor! This is sure to please even picky eaters. I admit that I am extremely picky, but this is by far my favorite type of wild game to eat now that I have tried it!

Ingredients:

-4 small pheasants or 1 whole pheasant, cleaned and rinsed
-1 lb sliced bacon
-1 26 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
-1 cup sour cream
-1 cup water
-1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix OR Lipton onion & mushroom soup mix
-1/2 cup to 1 whole cup fresh sliced mushrooms
-salt & pepper to taste

Directions

1) Place the pheasants into a large slow cooker. Wrap and drape pheasants with bacon slices, covering the birds as much as you can. Whisk the soup, sour cream, water, onion soup mix and mushrooms together in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over the pheasants.

2) Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high 5-7 hours.

It goes great served with rice. If you prefer, you can add more water to the soup mix to make the gravy less thick. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! 

Andrea




No comments:

Post a Comment